Friday, July 24, 2015

Celebrate the Small Things 24-7-15


This post is part of  Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things (Lexa has just taken it over from VikLit who has hosted it for the last 2 years). Head on over there to join up! 

So, what am I celebrating this week?



The Film Festival started today!  It means no sleep and little writing time, but lots of good movies.  I just went to the opening night and saw a rather fantastic, extremely odd film called The Lobster.  Go and see it if you get a chance!

My WIP is going well.  With 7 days of Camp NaNo left, I have 9500 words or so left to write.  Very possible under normal circumstances, but with films most nights, I may not quite make it.  I'm anticipating being a couple of thousand words shy on July 31, but I'm not that worried because I'm heading toward the end of the book and things seem to be going okay.  There will be lots of revising happening later, but at least I'll have something to revise!

What are you celebrating this week?

7 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy the film festival despite its cutting into your sleep and writing time. But it's great that you've made so much progress. When I finally got under the 10k mark, I was pretty happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No sleep? No writing? Those films had better be worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lobster - even the title makes me laugh! Congrats on doing so well with the writing. I can't match a quarter of that count. I hope you see some awesome films!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Film festivals are the best! Good luck with your WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge congrats on almost reaching your goal... you can do it. Can't wait to read your new story:) The Lobster, hey... the name alone makes me curious enough to check it out:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck getting to that word count. Have fun with the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have big exciting milestones to celebrate this time, Sounds like a great blog idea indeed. Great cover too.

    personal statement writing service

    ReplyDelete