I picked up this award from Tyrean Martinson at Tyrean's Writing Spot. Thank you, Tyrean! I love awards, and this one is so pretty!
Each blogger who receives this award must give 11 random facts, answer 11 questions, and pass it on to 11 bloggers.
11 Random Facts:
1. My three favorite foods all start with A: avocado, asparagus and artichokes.
2: I went to school in four different countries: USA, New Zealand, Samoa and China.
3. As a result of my international schooling, my grammar tends to be a little confused and I have certain words I always spell the American way, and others I always spell the English way.
4. I love to take baths.
5. My kids both have middle names inspired by Westerns - Garrett and Wyatt.
6. My father spelled my name wrong on my birth certificate and my mother made him go back and change it.
7. I met my partner at a Halloween party where he was dressed as a woman and I was covered in fake blood.
8. The 9ish years I've been living in this house is the longest period of time I've ever lived anywhere in my life.
9. I still use a paper diary instead of a digital one.
10. I can't put down a book if I haven't read an even number of chapters. If I don't have time to read a full chapter, I'll read a page or two into the chapter so I'm not leaving it on an odd number.
11. I see more than 50 movies a year, most years.
11 Questions with Answers
1. What’s the last sentence you wrote in a story? Recognizing the gesture, his obvious reluctance to shut away the instrument, my lips curve into a smile.
3. Do you have a favorite quote? Always remember to party like a rock star
4. Favorite food? Pizza
5. Have you ever seen a shooting star? Yes
6. If you were stranded on a desert island and could only have three books, which would you bring? A blank notebook (and a pencil to write in it), A weighty classic I've always meant to read (War & Peace comes to mind, but I read that when I studied Russian Literature at college), A family photo album.
7. In real life, which appeals to you more: futuristic, modern, or old-fashioned? Modern
8. In fiction, which appeals to you more: futuristic, modern, or old-fashioned? (Other worlds count.) Modern. I'm a contemporary girl all the way.
9. What’s the strangest thing hanging on your wall in your room? Panama snack dishes - a series of small plates with pictures of roosters in the center and the words 'Panama Snack Dish' written around the rim. My guess i they're some kind of souvenir from Panama. I found them in a junk shop in Paraparaumu....
10. What’s your favorite bird? Pelican
11. Robin Hood or King Arthur? I loved both as a kid. Can't say I've thought much about either in years. But I think I'd go with Robin Hood.
Now, I'm supposed to bestow this honor on another 11 people, but I've passed these things on so man times now, I'm just going to offer it up to anyone who stops by to say hi. So take this award and run with it. Just leave me a comment saying you're taking it so I can stop by and see your answers to these questions and to learn 11 things about you.
Have a great week everyone!