Friday, March 14, 2014

Celebrate the small things 14-3-13



This post is part of VikLit's blog hop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up! 

So, what am I celebrating this week?




I actually did some writing.  I know, incredible, right?  I got to the point in my revisions where I needed to write a new scene, and I did it.  And it felt amazing.  In just over an hour, I managed 2K.  I didn't want to stop, but it was late and I needed to sleep.  Unfortunately, despite planning to keep going last night, I was so exhausted when I got home, I just couldn't.  But at least I know I can do it.


I spoke to my local library about donating a copy of my book to them and was given the email address of the YA buyer.  Hopefully I'll be able to make my book available through the library.  I don't know that it will increase sales, but I like the idea of people actually reading it.

And that's about it for this week.  What are you celebrating?

8 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Yay for the writing and for having the courage to write to your library. I hope they buy it and lots of people read it. It's a fantastic book and deserves to be read by everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job with the writing, and good luck with getting your book in the library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2k words in an hour is awesome. If I can manage that in a week, I'm thrilled.

    My local librarians are just waiting for me to get my book out into the world so they can have a copy for the library. It'll be cool to see it in the stacks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the ultimate goal, isn't it? To get people to read our books. So glad you're having a good time writing. Donating to the library is a wonderful idea!

    MJ, A to Z Challenge Co-Host
    Writing Tips
    Effectively Human
    Lots of Crochet Stitches


    ReplyDelete
  5. 2K an hour is pretty dang impressive. Good luck with the library!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for getting back to writing! I'm trying to do that as well, and managed to get a few hundred words down last night. Here's hoping we're both productive this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on getting some writing done, and 2k is terrific. And Good Luck getting your book into the library.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for the writing! Nice when that happens and the brains just takes off.

    ReplyDelete