Monday, February 24, 2014

Problem...

I have a problem you guys...  A few years back, when I started getting serious about this writing gig, and I found myself making friends with writers all over the internet, I decided that I needed to support my fellow authors.  And I have.  I buy books by all my writer friends.

But it's now a few years down the track, and some of my writer friends pump out multiple books a year.  It's fantastically awesome that they're doing so well, but my credit card can't keep up...  There are books by friends, books by friends of friends, books by CPs and then the books that sound just too darn good not to buy.

I've already been banned from buying any more physical books.  We don't have any bookshelf space for them.  So now I buy only e-books which are, admittedly, usually cheaper, but still...

I guess there could be worse problems, right?

6 comments:

  1. I can sympathise with you here Kate. We have limited book shelf space so it's all about the eBooks now. The trouble is, I'm buying them quicker than I'm reading them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you run out of space for all the e-readers that are filled to capacity with books, THEN it's a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get what you mean. I have so many books that I've already purchased and that are on my to-read list. If it's a friend who's publishing their first book, I'll buy that printed book, but after that I usually do e-reader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you have time to read them? don't feel obligated, sweetie! we all understand that not everyone likes our genre and we don't expect everyone to buy our book, at least i don't. and since i have so many to read right now (print and eform) i don't always buy right away, especially 2nd's and 3rd's, but if they go on sale, i scoop them up which boosts their numbers!

    happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do read them. I read on the bus every day, so it's good to have a bunch of books on my Kindle...

      Delete