I occurred to me the other night, I have 200+ followers on this blog, and what do they really know about me? That I'm a writer and that I work in film. That I have kids, maybe. That I'm a huge music fan. But other than that, probably not much.
So I thought I'd give you a few random facts about me. To kind of flesh out the caricature you might be carrying around in your head.
1. I used to be a chef and I still love to cook. I have shelves and shelves of recipe books, but I never look at them. Once I've read through them, I make dishes like the ones I've seen in the book, but I never follow the recipe to the letter.
2. I cry in movies all the time. At the drop of a hat. But I don't cry much in other parts of my life. So maybe my movie crying is the catharsis I need.
3. I once locked my sister in a wardrobe and tried to suck the air out with a vacuum cleaner. It didn't work....
4. I change the color of my hair the way other people change their socks. Right now it's kind of a dark purple/burgundy on the top, and the ends are orange. But I think I'll change that soon.
5. Talking of socks... I very rarely ever wear a matched pair. I can never find two the same when I sort the laundry, so I pair up two of the same style, even if one's green and one's pink.
So there you are. Can each of you tell me something random about yourself?