Sunday, March 13, 2011

Writing saves $$$$

I was thinking the other night about how many things I used to do, I just don't do anymore because I'd rather write. And not doing these things is saving me money (which, given the amount my house is sucking up at the moment, is probably a good thing.)

I don't go out to the movies often (I watch films for a living so why would I?), I rarely go to the theatre, I never go out to dinner unless it's my birthday or anniversary and going to see live music is a thing of the past. I don't go to bars or hang out in cafes with my friends.

I used to almost always have a glass of wine or two with my dinner, but now, because I want to write after the kids go to bed, I rarely allow myself that luxury. I do occasionally indulge myself with a browse through a clothing store, but it's almost always one of the two local charity stores, so even if I do buy something, it's only a few dollars. And because it's going to the Red Cross or SPCA, I don't feel bad about it.

So I have to say, while thus far, writing isn't making me money (career total to date is $22US), it is certainly saving me some. And that has to be good, right?

Have you given anything up to write? What is it? And do you miss it?

No comments:

Post a Comment