Monday, December 27, 2010

Anniversary

It has been 2 years today since I joined Writing.com and truly began my journey as a writer. Two years does not seem a long time, yet I have achieved so much in that short space of time. Before I joined this writers' community, I was a writer, yet an unfocused one, one without concrete goals or ambitions. I had two novels I thought were finished, but no clue what to do from there.

Since joining, I've discovered how terrible those two books actually were, and with the support and encouragement of other writers, have rewritten them, making them so much better than they were. I had no idea about submitting, agents, queries or any of the stuff that goes along with being published. Now I do.

With the guidance of the fabulous Let's Publish group I've learned so much about short fiction publishing, and have gained the confidence to submit my stories. I've published 20 short pieces, and have even made a little (very, very little) money from them.

So, on this happy day, I want to express my gratitude to everyone at WDC for helping me become the writer I wanted be, and for continuing to encourage and inspire me to write every day. Thanks WDC!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Kate,

    Congrats. That is amazing. You published twenty stories, that is something. Keep up the good work.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks everyone!

    It doesn't feel like 2 years....

    ReplyDelete